Estimation Process Improvement
Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Monitoring
Level 4 supports complex government planning, programming, budgeting and monitoring (PPBE) activities for programs Commercially Hosted Infrared Payload (CHIRP), Hosted Payload Office, Space Environmental NanoSat Experiment (SENSE); and Conventional Strike Missile (CSM).
Independent Cost Estimation
Level 4 has performed more than 500 independent cost estimates for projects totaling more than $4B with a cumulative accuracy of +/- 5%.
Level 4 supports the full acquisition lifecycle for complex information technology projects, with support including feasibility studies, RFP development, evaluation support, contract negotiation support, oversight, and on-going contract change management assistance.
Clients and Testimonials
- "The beauty of this tool is in its simplicity: it provides a simple, easy to use product that's focused on the need for better quality estimates. . . . [Level 4’s tools] provide a convenient means for estimating project schedule, costs and resources."The Standish Group
- “When I used [Level 4’s] Cost Xpert I found it beneficial, easy to use, and that it would be an asset for Unisys to incorporate within its toolset”Frank White, Unisys Corporation
- Level 4 has . . . "demonstrated the ability to help corporations develop information technology on time and on budget. Their success in this market has propelled them to one of the fastest growing companies in the technology market."Deloitte &Touche
- "Cost Xpert is like a dream come true for software developers requiring a complete estimating solution. A fellow programmer recently told me about another cost estimating product. We agreed to meet so that we could compare the two products. I installed Cost Xpert and started to show him its features. After my demonstration, the strangest thing happened. I never had a chance to see his product. He told me it was like comparing a 'Cadillac to a 'Ford' and he was too embarrassed to show me his product."William Little, Little Computer Solutions
- Level 4 Ventures . . . . "is proof that information technology companies needn't be located in the heart of the action. From Jamul, Level 4 was able to predict the failure of the state's $100 million so-called 'Deadbeat Dad Tracking System' two years before it went belly-up.”San Diego Union Tribune
- "Cost Xpert is a comprehensive solution to software cost estimating. It supports the best estimation methodologies in practice today. Overall, we are very happy with this product."Hans Mumm, SPAWAR
- Level 4 . . . . "is committed to challenging the software paradigm of widespread over budget development by providing the market with tools and services that utilize the industry's best practices."Bank of America, Executive Vice President Doug Sawyer
- “The Standish Group spoke to several government contracted software development and maintenance organizations that used [Level 4’s] Cost Xpert to calculate development project costs and to track their project effort. These organizations expressed high regard for Level 4 as a company and lauded the positive results they obtained in using the Cost Xpert product.”The Standish Group
- “The [Level 4] team agressively and continually addresses key issues regarding budget, schedule, risk, and programmatic elements.”U.S. Air Force, Space and Missile Command
- “Focused, analytic and articulate… our net savings in the Internet space was well in excess of $1 million a year…”John O, Wells Fargo Bank
- “On-time, high quality, clear, complete. Truly outstanding work.”Joan H., Accenture
- “Able to quickly adapt when the scope and priorities shifted. Very cost conscious.”Ronald S., U.S. Department of Energy
- “Level 4 met or exceeded all milestones and delivered a completely satisfactory report ahead of schedule and under budget.”Kyle D., California Public Utility Commission
Codies Finalists Application Development – Best Product
Deloitte & Touche U.S. Technology Fast 500 member Top 25 of all private tech companies
San Diego’s Fastest Growing Private Tech Company
The Inc. 500 Inc.’s Annual List of America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies
The Best Companies to Work for in San Diego.
Total Excellence In Management Best in Class-Software.
San Diego’s “COOL” tech companies.